The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings was one of my favorite games of last year, and one of the best RPGs in recent memory. However, it wasn’t a game that was easy to run on PC because of the incredible graphics it sported. We’ve known for a while now that the game was coming to Xbox 360 but now we have a firm release date of April 17th.
The 360 version will feature over three hours of new content for an already expansive game but that’s not even the best that fans have to look forward to. The game will be released with two editions. The Enhanced Edition for $59.99 and The Dark Edition which will cost $99.99.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings The Enhanced Edition
- Original soundtrack CD with in-game music
- World Map – A map of the game’s world
- Quest Handbook – The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings The Dark Edition (includes all the content from the Enhanced Edition, plus the following)
- Making-of DVD – All the cinematic materials related to game – trailers, dev. diaries, gameplay footage, interviews, and making-of video
- The Witcher Medallion – A wolf head metal medallion on a chain
- Artbook – Extensive, hardcover, 232-page documentary of game’s graphical assets with descriptions. Includes concept art, cover renders, and stories behind the arrt of The Witcher 2
- Stickers – Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics
- Dark Edition Box – An elegant, thick, cardboard box to hold all your valuable Dark Edition contents
There are also various pre-order bonuses at different stores.
Gamestop – Exclusive wolf head keychain
Amazon – Exclusive digital comic book
Best Buy – Exclusive T-shirt
You can read our original review of the PC version here, and be sure to check out the awesome opening cinematic that was released for the Xbox version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
For more info on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, visit the official site.