- Bethesda Announces New Shinji Mikami Game “The Evil Within”Posted 29 days ago
- Ship Just Got Real – Leviathan Warships TrailerPosted 30 days ago
- FIFA 14 AnnouncedPosted 30 days ago
- GTA V Official BoxartPosted 46 days ago
- What is the Ouya?Posted 57 days ago
- Kersploosh! ReviewPosted 66 days ago
- Top 12 Videogame CommercialsPosted 67 days ago
- Hands-On with God of War: AscensionPosted 72 days ago
- Pwn 4 Food With DodgeBotsPosted 75 days ago
- New SimCity Trailer Starring Adam DevinePosted 80 days ago
Rumour: Wii Successor to be Unveiled at E3
GameInformer claims to have spoken with several developers about a possible successor to the Wii. According to their sources, Nintendo will unveil a new home console at E3 with power comparable to an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 in the hopes of seeing the kind of third party support currently seen by those two consoles. GameInformer has the new console pegged for release sometime in 2012.
Additionally, their sources claim that the new Nintendo console won’t focus on a single feature much like the Wii has with motion controls. According to the anonymous sources, Nintendo is “doing it right”.
While GameInformer says the unveiling is all but confirmed, I’d say that this should be filed strictly under the “rumour” category. Nintendo always plays it’s cards close to it’s chest so you can never be sure what’s true and what’s merely speculation. We won’t know anything concrete until E3 in May. It’s going to be a good one.Rumour: Wii Successor to be Unveiled at E3,