Nintendo’s big Wii U update, originally planned for summer and later delayed to the fall, has officially gone live. Coming out just in time for tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct, the 648 MB update is live for all users to download and includes many new features for Nintendo’s latest console. We have a list of the (so far) confirmed features that the update adds, but more are sure to be discovered as more people install the update and, likely, Nintendo tells us what’s up during tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct.
– USB Keyboards are now supported
– Off TV Play is supported on all Wii software (meaning you can play Wii games on the Gamepad)
– 5.1 Surround Sound support for Wii software
– Access Friend’s List from Wii U menu directly
– Upload screens taken when pausing the game directly to blogs and forums using the browser
– Loading times have been improved across the board
– New loading animations for Miiverse and eShop
– Youtube works again
– Wii games and Wii Virtual Console games now auto detect aspect ratio
– Minigame during eShop loading screen
– Able to capture and post 1080p screenshots
Exciting stuff, especially for those of us who still regularly play Wii games on the Wii U. Hopefully more features come to light soon.