Via IGN, we have a host of new info about The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, which is due out later this year.
– The Forgotten Castle now features a sepia tint instead of the black and white from the original.
– Streamlined Triforce Hunt. Only three pieces require translated maps.
– Sped up animations for things like the grappling hook
– Hero Mode. Much like in Skyward Sword, Hero Mode represents a harder mode for Zelda veterans. Enemies deal more damage and hearts can only be recovered by drinking potions and not from finding hearts in the wild.
– Swift Sail. This item can be acquired after defeating the first boss; it makes sailing across the boundless ocean a lot quicker and frees you from having to change the direction of the wind.
– Remember the Picto Box? In the original game, it allowed you to take photos of the world and the characters that inhabit it. Now, you can additionally take self-shots of Link and make him use a variety of facial expressions. Of course, all photos can be shared on Miiverse.
– Tingle’s Island is now impossible to miss; the story will guide you right to it.
– First person mode is available. At any time, you can switch to a first person perspective to either shoot arrows or walk around and explore. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to swing your sword in first person so you can’t play the entire game that way.
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is due for release later this year (no specific release date has been given). Rumours are circling that Nintendo may release a Wii U bundled with the game but Nintendo has not officially commented on the matter.